“Normal Class” is the term applied to a range of standardised concrete
mixes as defined by Australian Standard AS1379 with the following
- Mass per unit volume between 2100 and 2800 kg/m3
- Chloride content not more than 0.8 kg/m3
- Sulfate content not more than 50g/kg of cement
- Shrinkage strain not exceeding 1000 microstrain
- A mean compressive strength at 7 days of approx. half the specified 28 day strength
- A cement complying with AS3972 or AS3582
- No lightweight aggregate
The intention of this “Class” is to provide a set of minimum standards
that cover the vast majority of concrete manufactured in Australia.
Normal Class (N Class) concrete are the “bread and butter” of VIC MIX
and we have an excellent range of workable/pumpable mixes suitable for a
broad range of applications such as: blinding, foundations, strip
footings, ground slabs, suspended slabs, paving, driveways, roadways,
cross overs, pits, kerbs and the list goes on.
Standard strength grades range from 15MPa, 20, 25, 32, 40, and 50 MPa
(Mega Pascal) and are available in 20mm, 14mm or 7mm maximum aggregate
size to facilitate conveyance and placement.